Barrel Grind Operator
Employee will process product through secondary tumble operation wet abrasive stock removal. Responsible for deburring end and corner configurations, and knob removal.
- Initial loading and unloading of tumblers. Recharge tumblers with grit and lime. Monitor length of time load is in tumbler, length, O.D. and knob dimensions by use of an electronic DOT sheet. Production data is also recorded electronically.
- Spin dry parts. Transport parts to designated areas. Complete required documentation and paperwork.
- Fill grit & lime barrels on mobile cart.
- Maintain clean work area and equipment.
- Quality minded, must be familiar with basic SPC requirements, ability to communicate, organized work practices and ability to work with others.
- Physical requirements: Stoop = 25%, Sit = 25%, Stand = 100%, Bend = 50%, Walking = 100%, Climbing = 25%, Dexterity = 50% , Lifting = 50% up to 75 lbs., Pushing = 50% up to 600 lbs.
- Must be able to work in the heat.
- Able to move heavy objects (barrels of parts with barrel cart).
- Able to push barrels weighing up to 600 pounds.
- Understand and utilize department work instructions.